- Westgate warrants its products against manufacturing defects, provided that the product was purchased from an authorized Westgate distributor, has authentic Westgate markings, and has been used in accordance with the installation standards of the National Electric Code. The warranty covers repair or replacement only and is exclusive of any associated uninstall or install costs. Westgate does not honor or offer any labor warranty. Additional labor coverage may be requested and purchased at the time of ordering.
- In the event of any defects, Westgate MFG. promises to repair or replace the defective products free of charge. Westgate Mfg.’s liability is expressly limited to the cost of the initial product and any consequential damages are expressly excluded. No labor, shipping, installation, or equipment rental cost will be reimbursed. Product warranty only covers replacement or repair of product with the same or similar model in stock.
- Self-alterations and product modification not done through Westgate nullify the warranty.
- Damages and defects resulting from any of the following are not covered under the Westgate warranty: Physical damages or lenses broken after receipt, product misuse, damage from power surge, lightning, or other natural phenomena, such as storms, floods, heavy rain, etc. Misuse of electrical products can be a fire hazard, cause serious injuries or death. Westgate products must be installed by a certified electrical professional, and in accordance with their written instructions, warning labels and spec sheets. If flickering, strobing, or a sound is detected from the lighting fixture, the power should be disconnected immediately. Westgate liability is limited to the product only, and does not cover any damages caused to property, human or animal life.
- Products used near water or in humid conditions must have proper marine powder coating. Products rusting or changing fixture color because of misuse are not covered under warranty.
- The customer is solely responsible for verifying that the product meets local code or inspection requirements. Westgate bears no liability for product exchange or labor costs when local codes have not been properly met.
- Westgate spec sheets and other publications may change from time to time. Westgate asks that the actual products received be examined and inspected for a perfect fit to the application prior to install or modification to the property. Westgate responsibility is limited to product exchange and does not cover any labor liability or shipping in case of a discrepancy between the spec sheet and product.
- Defective products during warranty period will be repaired or replaced with the same item. If an item has been discontinued a newer version with similar specs will be recommended. The updated version may not have the same lumens or exact design as the previous model. If the customer does not accept the substitute, the credit will be based on the latest published price for an equivalent item. Westgate commits to replacing defective units only, and not the entire batch.
WARRANTY PERIOD BY CATEGORY
|OUTDOOR LIGHTNING||7 YEARS|
|INDUSTRIAL LIGHTING||5 YEARS|
|COMMERCIAL INDOOR LIGHTNING||5 YEARS|
|RESIDENTIAL LIGHTNING||5 YEARS|
|RIBBON LIGHTNING||5 YEARS|
|LANDSCAPE BRASS & COPPER||5 YEARS|
|LANDSCAPE ALUMINUM||3 YEARS|
|UNDERCABINET LIGHTING||5 YEARS|
|EXIT & EMERGENCY LIGHTNING||3 YEARS|
|ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS||1 YEAR|